This Vanilla Chia Pudding is a breakfast option full of creaminess plus protein and fiber. Scoop out some persimmon to round out the big flavors.
Oh I have a healthy, quick breakfast idea for you! I gave this one a test run and it’s a winner. You might consider this one for a snack or dessert, also. You can put it together in the beginning of the week and enjoy it for days.
It’s a chia pudding and it’s sweet with a comforting, porridge-like consistency. Don’t let the chia seed part cause you to hesitate to make this recipe. Not only do they give the pudding it’s thick consistency, they also add a nice texture sort of like tapioca as the seeds absorb moisture from the liquid they are added to.
Hormone Balancing Superfood: chia seeds
Chia are winners for hormonal health, too. They contain lots of the plant source of omega-3 fatty acids as well as protein, fiber, minerals, and antioxidants. All essentials for our everyday hormonal balance.
Because the seeds are so high in fiber, almost 11 grams per ounce, and contain some healthy plant fats, they help to balance insulin levels naturally. They also promote bowel regularity and contribute to the formation of proper stool consistency (umm… like not constipated but no diarrhea either).
Here are some great breakfast recipes to try:
Vanilla Chia Pudding with Persimmon
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked 3 hours
- 4 cups filtered water
- 7 medjool dates, pitted
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons coconut butter, or unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 tablespoon vanilla bean paste, or vanilla extract
- ½ cup chia seeds
- 4 persimmons, or 4 cups berries or other fruit
- 2 tablespoons cacao nibs
- Drain cashews and transfer to a high speed blender. Add water, dates, salt, cinnamon, coconut butter, and vanilla.
- Blend until very smooth. Transfer to a bowl and add chia seeds. Stir to blend without clumps of chia seeds.
- Refrigerate 2 or more hours to allow chia seeds to absorb moisture. Serve topped with persimmons and cacao nibs.
This post contains affiliate links for products I use and trust. I may receive commissions on purchases at no cost to you. As an Amazon associate I earn from qualifying purchases.