What you choose to eat has a powerful effect on relieving the symptoms. So many women are stressed out, moody, tired, and have unexplained weight gain (especially around the middle). Making poor food choices is adding fuel to the hormonal fire! Take a close look at the types and quality of the food and drinks you are choosing to consume. Are they nourishing, anti-inflammatory choices? Are you getting lots of vegetables and fruit loaded with the nutraceuticals that help to repair and regulate your body?
It sounds reasonable when your doctor or gynecologist encourages you to eat a healthier diet, but what does that look like when you get to the grocery store? What should you plan for breakfast? Portable snacks? What should you pack for a long plane fight?
I’ve done some intense research to answer these questions and I’d like to share my results with you in the next several blog posts. The recipe I’m posting today showcases the Japanese sweet potato which has blood sugar-regulating, anti-inflammatory, and antioxidant benefits . The miso is a probiotic which adds to the healthfulness of this dish.
- 4 ½ pounds Japanese or Garnet sweet potatoes , sliced crosswise into 4 or 5 slices
- ¼ cup coconut oil, warmed until liquid in microwave
- 2 tablespoons miso paste (preferably white)
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped scallion
- Arrange sweet potato slices in steamer basket over boiling water.
- Steam until softened, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile stir together coconut oil, miso, and scallion until combined.
- Place steamed sweet potato slices in a serving bowl and drizzle miso scallion butter over top.