I’m not going to post something red, white, and blue. You will find plenty of that if it’s what you’re after. I wanted to share something that I felt might be helpful to get some soothing food on front of you during these hot, drowsy days. At least they make me drowsy.
I’ve come to realize that very hot, humid days slow me down. I have to be very careful to hydrate and fuel myself with lots of foods that keep my energy up and steady. One false move with a cupcake or even a sandwich in the middle of a July heat wave will shut me down. All I need to remember is keep the veggies and lean, clean protein comin’ in any form; salads, coconut wraps, smoothies, and soups!
Here’s a super hydrating green soup that I whipped up today. It won’t fill me up too much so I can stay light on my feet and avoid any bloating from an excessive meal. I have to deal with clingy tops and bathing suits for several more weeks and eating this way will make that issue much less daunting.
This beautiful soup is chock full of antioxidants and skin-loving nutrients to make you glow inside and out. You get your get-up-and-go protein from a dollop of pleasantly tart Greek yogurt added at the last minute. Sip it when it’s well chilled to lift your spirits and feel invincible!
- 5 cups seedless cucumber, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 cups coconut water
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 cups spinach
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 4 teaspoons plain Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon hemp seeds
- ¼ cup fresh basil, thinly sliced
- Place all ingredients in a blender except yogurt, hemp seeds, and basil. Blend until smooth.
- Chill in refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
- When ready to serve, divide soup between 4 serving bowls. Garnish each bowl with a tablespoon of yogurt and sprinkle of hemp seeds and basil.