I’m tossing out a quick option for a bright New Years cocktail. It contains fresh ginger and fresh pineapple both of which aid in digestion. We may need some extra help tonight as we nibble on goodies that are richer than we usually encounter. For hydration on the front end there is a double dose from coconut water and sparkling water. I’ve included a splash of high vitamin C lime juice which helps to fight colds, flu, and infections – really important this time of year.
As you sip this bubbly cocktail it will be doing the work in the background to bolster your health with it’s nutritious juices and hydrating waters. You can choose to make it boozy or not. It’s a night to splurge if you do that. Stick to what feels balanced for you. You want to wake up ready to tackle 2016 with your engine revving !
- 1 cup cubed fresh pineapple
- ½ teaspoon fresh grated ginger
- juice of 1 lime
- ½ cup coconut water (no added sugar)
- ½ cup sparkling water
- 2-6 drops vanilla liquid stevia
- 4 ounces vodka (optional)
- pomegranate seeds
- lime slices
- Place pineapple, ginger, lime juice, and coconut water in a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Pour in sparkling water, stevia, and vodka if desired.
- Garnish with pomegranate seeds and lime slices.
Have a wonderful New Year’s Eve celebration. I wish you a balanced and healthy 2016 !